The Energy Use speedometer in the BlueDot application makes it easy to identify and evict these "energy vampires":
- Pick an appliance, such as your home entertainment center.
- On the "Energy Use" screen of your BlueDot application, tap the center of the speedometer. A zero line appears that notes the current power being drawn by your home.
- If the appliance has a plug, unplug it. If the appliance lacks a plug, such as a pool pump or whole-house fan, make sure that it is fully switched off.
- Wait a few seconds and read the savings per hour at the center of the speedometer. You may have to wait up to two updates to get an accurate reading.
- To convert the savings per hour to savings per month, multiply the number by 730.